It can be so hard to say ‘I love you’ in the form of a gift, but one of the most thoughtful presents to give is something handmade. With this Mother’s Day craft idea, mum won’t be disappointed. Ideal for toddlers through to preschoolers!
This adorable homemade bouquet will not only show mum how much you love her but will also give her a sweet keepsake of the little one’s handprints. Collecting beautiful moments is so important, which is why the addition of polaroid pictures is also a must. This crafty gift is one-of-a-kind and personal.
Let’s get started, here's what you’ll need:
- Firm paper or card stock. Tip: choose colours you know your mum will love.
- Green and yellow pipe cleaners. These make for a great stem!
- Sticky tape
- A vase
- Polaroid pictures
- Miniature wooden pegs
You can find these items from stores like Just Crazy Bargains, Big W, Kmart or Kaisercraft.
Once you have gathered all the essentials, it's time to create some lilies!
- Trace your hand on top of your chosen paper and cut out the shape. This adds a personal touch!
- Roll the base of the hand into a cone-like shape. It should look like an oddly shaped ice-cream cone. Make sure to leave a small hole at the tip of the cone to ensure the stem can fit. Secure this shape with some sticky tape so that it doesn’t unravel.
- Now for the petals. You will need to curl the paper fingers around your pencil. Think of how you would curl your hair around a curler — it should be the same action. This will leave the paper fingers perfectly shaped, just like a lily!
- The next step is forming the steam. Cut your green pipe cleaner to the desired stem length and fold the top over to create a hook shape. Loop your yellow pipe cleaner around the bend of your green pipe cleaner. Form one stem by twisting it all together.
- Repeat steps 1 – 4 to create enough lilies to form a bouquet. We recommend making at least five, but the more the merrier!
- Channel your inner florist by arranging the lilies into a vase and use the wooden pegs to attach polaroids to the stem for an extra touch.
There you have it — a gorgeous and thoughtful gift for mum this Mother’s Day!